|In April, 1795, a man by the name of Ebenezzer Ward Finney bought some property near what is now the intersection of Winton and North Bend Rd. The property was bought from John Cleves Symmes, and Ward and his wife Rachel moved there in October, 1800. Shortly after, Ward passed away. The title was transfered to his favorite grandson, who sold his farm in New York and moved west with sixteen members of his family to settle in the area now known as Finneytown. A cemetery with the graves of Finney, his wife Rachel and other early settlers in Finneytown can be found on Winton Ridge Ln.